To create a Workspace field, navigate to Settings/Projects, select a project and then click the Custom Fields tab in the Property Pane.
To configure a new field, click Add Field and then choose the App Type and the Scope of the field. A field's Scope is either a Global Field (field across all projects) or, more typically, a Project Field, a field for only the selected project.
Once an App Type and Scope is selected, the next step is to select a Field Type and to configure the field's parameters.
- Field Type - the type of field to be configured
- Field Name - the display name of the field
- API Name - the database name of the field
- Required - whether the field is required
- Hide - whether the field will be displayed or hidden
- Default Value - a value assigned to the field automatically
- Max Length - the maximum length of a number, text or rich text field
- Decimal Places - the number of decimal places to the right of the decimal point for number fields
- Picklist Values - the custom values set for a picklist or multi-select picklist